Are you troubled with “double chin” and wondering what your treatment options are? The Plastic Surgery Center of Nashville created this infographic comparing Kybella® and CoolSculpting®. Kybella® is an injectable treatment, while CoolSculpting uses controlled cooling. Both procedures are non-surgical options that can be used for the treatment of submental fat. For more information on either of these procedures, please contact Plastic Surgery Center of Nashville.
- The first and only FDA-approved injectable for double chin treatment.
- Exclusively used for submental fat.
- Made of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that helps breaks down fat.
- The procedure lasts about 15-20 minutes, and 2-4 treatments are needed.
- Only non-surgical, FDA-approved treatment using cooling technique.
- Can be used on submental fat and other parts of the body, such as love handles.
- Based on Cryolipolysis, a proven science that explains fat can be frozen and eliminated.
- The procedure lasts 30-45 minutes, and 1-2 treatments are recommended.