Do you have a double chin? Even with plenty of exercise and a good diet, fat can start accumulating in unwanted places as you get older. Under the chin is a common problem area for stubborn, unwanted fat. What’s the solution? At the Plastic Surgery Center of Nashville, we offer 3 highly effective treatments for treating submental fullness (also known as a double chin).
When you’ve got unwanted fat, liposuction is the tried and true solution. This treatment uses suction to permanently remove fat cells. Small incisions are made in treatment area and a cannula is inserted. Then the fat is suctioned away. Finally, the incisions are closed and recovery occurs at home (which usually takes a week or two; most patients miss just a few days of work). There are several different types of liposuction available, all with slight variations. Don’t worry, however, as we’ll help you decide which liposuction treatment is right for you.
- Cost- $2,500
- Number of Sessions Needed- Just one with permanent, lasting results.
- Where is Liposuction Performed?- In an operating room
- Recovery- 2-3 days off of work with 1-2 weeks of recovery. Minor swelling may remain for several months.
- Surgical/Non-surgical?- Surgical
- How Long Does Treatment Take?- Liposuction is a surgical procedure and does take time. The exact amount of time needed will depend on many factors, but we can give you an estimate during your consultation.
We are pleased to be one of the first practices in Nashville to offer Kybella®, an injectable treatment that is FDA-approved to treat submental fat. Kybella® contains deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring substance that helps break down fat cells. When injected under the chin it destroys the fat cells so they no longer store or accumulate fat. Kybella® is non-surgical with limited downtime. The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, and redness in the treatment area. These issues typically resolve within a week.
- Cost- about $1,200 per treatment
- Number of Treatments Needed- 1-2 treatments. We can give you an estimate on how many treatments you’ll need during your consultation.
- Where is Kybella® Performed?- In our office
- Recovery- Minimal downtime. You can return to work and your regular activities as soon as you’re comfortable.
- Surigcal/Non-Surgical?- Non-surgical
- How Long Does Treatment Take?- Injections are complete in just minutes. Get in and out quickly.
Another option for fighting back against unwanted fat under the chin is CoolSculpting. This revolutionary treatment uses cold to freeze and destroy fat cells. It is completely non-surgical and non-invasive. This FDA-approved treatment can eliminate unwanted fat under the chin without surgery or downtime. With CoolSculpting, we can treat two areas at once so this treatment may be ideal if you want to simultaneously eliminate unwanted fat under the chin and another problem area.
After CoolSculpting, your body will naturally eliminate the treated fat cells. It can take several weeks to see the full results from treatment.
- Cost- about $1,000 per treatment
- Number of Treatments Needed- Generally 2-3 treatments
- Where is CoolSculpting Performed?- In our office
- Recovery- Resume regular activities after treatment with no downtime. You may have some swelling, bruising, etc. in the treatment area, but this should fade in a few days.
- Surgical/Non-Surgical?– Non-surgical
- How Long Does Treatment Take?- About an hour, but you’re free to read books, watch our complimentary Netflix, listen to music, take a nap, etc. during your treatment.
Which treatment is right for you? Call today and schedule your consultation.